Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day Jitters...

Well, not really, but that is what first came to mind as I share about my second job I just recently accepted :)

Two jobs and church planting? are you crazy?

Have no worries-- I will be the new "on call" registered dietitian for a fabulous retirement living facility. Not one of those sad, I hate walking down the aisle kind of places. This one is cheery.

My first experience at Bethany: I walk in the door and get all checked in for my interview. I sit down by a sweet looking OLD man. In comes a stylish OLD lady on her walker. She says "Well hello Alfred. How are you these days?". The reply: "Well I am holding up great except my eyes have seem to stop working. Who are you anyway?" (pam chuckles) Good times...she was 94 herself but just a kickin :)

So, tomorrow is just my general orientation to the company, and then I will get my training schedule. I will only work when one of there other 3 dietitians is on vacation or sick leave. And for the most part they will be able to tell me my schedule about a month in advance. So I could just work once every 3 months or so, maybe a little more or a little less. I felt like it would be a good opportunity to keep my fingers in the field, earn a little extra income here and there, and they have agreed that I could leave by 2:30 when I am working, so that I could have plenty of time to make it to the Y!

Did I mention I would be working early evenings to close at the Y? Good thing I am a night owl and Jeremy has crazy hours as well ! And did I mention that when I talked to the Y about taking this second position my boss was all about it and just so encouraging! Thank you Jesus.

Hope you are having a great start to the week....

1 comment:

  1. Yay for two jobs and God's blessings! And yay for getting to see you next weekend! Love it! I also love that you are on a blogging roll lately. Keep it up!

    I love you - did I mention that? Well, I do.

    ReplyDelete