Saturday, September 26, 2009

Part of the Adventure...

Top Two Things I Love About Moving Across Country....
1. Visitors
2. New Adventures!

Jeremy and I have had a full house lately, with my parents visiting over Labor Day weekend, my sister coming a few days later, and then my in-laws left on Monday. Whew! Good Times indeed!! We love visitors and are ohh soo thankful for a new futon that just blows the air mattress out of the water :)

Mom and Dad are amazing. They took a large part of there vacation to come see what we were doing. Have I mentioned my parents, and family in general, are some of the most selfless, wonderfully encouraging people I know?! I love you guys!

While, we had a lot of good Sequences matches, lazy mornings lounging with the windows open, and of course me and mom did a little shopping, we also took a new little adventure to Itasca State Park in Park Rapids, MN. After a two hour drive that included bison sitings, and not much else :), we made our way to where the Mississippi River all begins. Thats right, a 32000+ acre park which includes a little swimming hole, also known as the mouth of the Mississippi. It was pretty neat! Pics Below.

Then, My sister Amy had some very important interviews (woo hoo!) in Omaha, NE and since she was already in Omaha why not come on up 6 exciting hours to Fargo, right?! So she did :) And it was fabulous! While it went by super, super fast, she got to be part of the new adventure of church planting, as we had a dinner social to talk about the upcoming events of Mission Fargo. She helped us turn a drab basement into an Italian dining room and it looked great! Thanks Amy for all your help! John would like you to rethink Peru and come join the team :)!

Did I mention I love my family?!? Thank you Jesus for 4 people that love you utmost and are examples to me. Thank you Jesus for two parents that support a daughter that is seeking after your will. Thank you Jesus for two sisters that pray, support, and come to join in the efforts here in Fargo! I am grateful.





apparently he did not think Itasca was that exciting :)

Amy and Baby Jules

2 comments:

  1. I love you, sister! And I love it when you blog! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pam,

    I am feeling a bit neglected. And, I have a feeling that your favorite sister may be missing getting to read updates and see pictures of your Fargo life. (Pictures of snow in October, for example...) Please write again soon.

    Sincerely,
    Your blog

    ReplyDelete