Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More Visitors... And A Quick Update

Well not exactly MY visitors...but pretty close :)
Abby and I have been college roommates and the best of friends for about 6+ years now. Given that I lived 8-10 hours from home, whether it be Birmingham or Nashville, and Abby only lived 1-4 hours we would frequent her house more than mine. Actually, she has never been to my house and we might have to fix that one day! But digressing. I have spent many a holidays and weekends with the sweet Callahans, so when her sister and brother made the trek, I felt like it was family. Here are a few pictures of our journey to the Red River Zoo. It is other wise known as the "petting zoo" :) but it does have wolves and a Chinese Red Panada! After all, it was Julia's very first trip to the zoo... you can tell how amused she was!


the "fam" ...Julia is SO excitedI guess Julia and the goat have the same enthusiam for each other... in defense of the goat, she was three weeks overdue!
Pretty!(Jeremys Favorite--the bison clearly shedding off the winter coat)
Wolves

In other news, Jeremy and I are still on the job search. We could definitely use your prayer for patience. We are doing a pretty good job at waiting to see the place the Lord has for us, but there are some points of frustration along the way. I am still waiting to hear back from WIC about a Nutritionist position- that was the interview last Tuesday. This is the position that gets me the most excited, but we shall see. I also have an interview for a programs position at the Great Plains Food Bank this Friday. I have also contacted a staffing company for jobs in the meantime, if need, so pray the proper door will open. I am pretty excited about the Food Bank job, but their may be a little travel associated around the state. I will find out more Friday. This may be a factor, considering I am a FL girl experiencing her first true winter :) Jeremy is also going through the staffing company and applied for a job as a leasing agent with an apt, and a few others I believe. He had an interview last Monday as well, but we havent heard anything yet. We feel like we are doing what we can! I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment