Thursday, July 9, 2009

From Beatings to Best Friends...

It is amazing how our relationship has evolved. I am sure my parents never thought it would come to be. As for my granny, I am sure she was so excited when she didnt have to say "girls, you be pretty now" any longer. We pulled hair, we threw punches, we could never ride in the car while "keeping our hands to ourselves." But now, these girls are my best of friends! and definitely one of the highlights of my time in Fargo thus far. (the other being momma and momma n law spending time together and then our jouneys up!).

I mean really... one takes vacation days and the other decides a summer off school means a perfect time to spend her closely budgeted money on a trip to Fargo. I LOVE you girls!!
So in true blog fashion, and in line with how I have followed both of their actions throughout life...I will do:
TOP 5 Reasons Why My Sisters Are the Best
(ps..there are MANY more than 5, but it is getting late ... )

5. They put up with the most brattiest (is that a word?!?) youngest sibling, "the baby" and still love me! I likely did way too much wrong, blamed it on one of them far too many times, and got off the hook on punishment more than not. Sorry about that!
4. They were built in company and provided many of amazingly fun-ny memories on all the family vaca's...esp the conferences! Late night pizza and cards on the cruise ship, water slides in Bahamas, car games to Boston.....
3. They are fabulous game players, and keep playing over and over until I can at least win one game!
2. They have always let me tag along with their friends throughout the years, giving me the reputation of the "mature" one at Hogan. Thanks!
1. They have shown me Christ, pointed me to His love, and provided amazing examples of what it looks like to follow after Him. Carla-- you live each step of your life, the little and big, in such reverance and reliance on the Lord. From summer after summer to finances to relationships, it is such a beautiful picture of life in Christ. Amy--I love the freedom you have found in the Lord and the community in which you strive for and encourage me to seek after. I love your passion for people, and the selflessness in which you pursue each relationship. I am always watching and am so blessed to have such amazing sisters to look up too!

All to say, we had a blast. Very relaxing! From many photo-opts beside brick walls downtown Fargo, to a great cookout with the Fishers, to the grand tour with their brother n law, to movie, and game/coffee night at FCC, it was a great time! Here are a few pictures to highlight...

One of the many Brick Wall Times :)
Gelato!
(adding a little entertainment to one of many amy inspired photo sessions)

Definitely didnt win this game...

Carla walked to MN in heels!! sometimes i think we couldnt be from the same genes :)
(she decided to pose to amuse Amy :)(Amy was the paparrazi outside the Fargo Theathe..a little Billy Crytal action)

One of my fav restaurants--OB. Sweet Potato Fries..yum!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet post, Pam. I hope my two girls will love each other as much as you guys obviously do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to meet them this summer! Cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, too! Can't wait for the next time I get to come visit! SO fun! Oh, how I miss you! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete